The library of Bharathiar Palkalaikoodam is a Special Research Library. It has a rich collection of Books, Journals, Journal Back Volumes, Video Cassettes, Audio Cassettes, Compact Disc, Micro Film, Project Works relating to the Domain Music, Dance and Visual Arts.
|Branch||Subject covering||Total books|
|Music||Notation, Biography, Theory, Songs, Dictionary, Instruments||1500 nos.|
|Music||Bharathanatyam, Theory, Songs, Biography, Karnas, Dictionary, Theatre Arts, Drama.||750 nos.|
|Visual Arts||Drawing, Water Colour, Design, Painting, Sculpture, Architecture, Photography, Temple Art, Textile, Art History, Dictionary, Computer Graphics.||2500 nos.|
|General Subject (Both Tamil & English)||Story, Puranas, Tamil Literature, Poetry, Prose, Yoga, Medicine, Devotion, Culture, Eminent's Biography, Sanskrit Literature.||3100 nos.|
Totally 69 magazines are being subscribed in the Library of Bharathiar Palkalaikoodam.
Music - 8 nos.
Dance - 6 nos.
Visual Arts - 25 nos.
General - 30 nos.
|Journal Back Volumes (Both Indian and foreign)||Music, Dance, Design, Painting, Water colour, Sculpture, Computer, Advertisement.||3500 nos.|
|Audio Cassette||Music, Dance, Folk Arts, Devotional, Instruments (Violin, Veena & Mirudhangam)||1300 nos.|
|Video Cassette (UGC - EMRL programme)||Music, Dance, Print Making, Art Appreciation, Street Play, Religious songs.||150 nos.|
|Compact Disc||Vocal, Veena, Violin, Devotional, Bharathanatyam, Classical Dance, Folk Dance.||250 nos.|
|Project works||Music, Dance, Painting, Sculpture, Advertisement, Computer Graphic||400 nos.|
|Micro film||Journal of Indian Music Society from 1927 to 1963.|
1. Open Access System for free searching to the user's Interest.
2. Reference Service.
3. Photocopying service on request and payment.
4. Books / Journals issued for home study for both Faculties and students.
5. Books / Journals are being issued for day to day class room reference study.
6. Information Facility Counter.
7. Permitting outside readers those who are pursuing higher studies and research studies in Music, Dance, Visual Arts.
8. Separate reading room facility for reference study.
9. Net Resource Centre with 2 MB with 3 computers for students and faculties on payment basis.
10. Library opened to all the students on all working days from 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. without lunch break.
11. E-books / E-journals are available in BPK library through UGC N-List e-journal consortium.
Cuddalore Main Road,
Pondicherry - 605 007.
Z. Ayyappan, M.A., B.Ed.,M.L.I.S., NET